This IDC study presents the storage software market in CEE for 2005 and forecasts expenditure on storage software applications through 2010. The study contains market size, vendor market shares, and forecasts for eight functional categories. It also ranks the major storage software providers by their 2005 revenue, and includes a profile of their activities and presence in individual country and vertical markets.
The study aims to answer the following questions:
- What is the current size of the storage software market in CEE?
- Which storage software segments are most important? What is the current focus of spending?
- What are IDC's projections for spending on storage software and what are the assumptions for forecast numbers? What impact will these have on the market developments?
- Who are the market leaders based on license and maintenance revenue and what are their strengths, weaknesses, and strategies for the future?
- Which industry sectors are the most important sources of demand for storage software applications? What are the future trends in this area?
"Most of the major storage vendors are now in the position whereby – through acquisitions or development – they are able to offer full-spectrum storage software solutions. Vendors are most likely to win deals if they can demonstrate significant value-add through their solutions and outline the impact this software can have on ROI for total storage systems." – Thomas Vavra, Research Director, IDC CEMA