This IDC study presents the storage software market in CEE for 2004 and forecasts expenditure on storage software applications through 2009. The study contains market size, vendor market shares, and forecasts for four functional categories. It also ranks the major storage software providers by their 2004 revenue, and includes a profile of their activities and presence in individual country and vertical markets.
The study aims to answer the following questions:
- What is the current size of the storage software market in CEE?
- Which storage software segments are most important? What is the current focus of spending?
- What are IDC's projections for spending on storage software and what are the assumptions for forecast numbers? What impact will these have on the market developments?
- Who are the market leaders based on license and maintenance revenue and what are their strengths, weaknesses, and strategies for the future?
- Which industry sectors are the most important sources of demand for storage software applications? What are the future trends in this area?
"CEE companies are increasingly accepting storage as a discrete solution area and not merely as an add-on to or component of a larger infrastructure project. As a result, vendors must demonstrate the value-add of their storage software offerings and outline the impact this software can have on ROI for total storage systems." – Thomas Vavra, Research Director, IDC CEMA